Sunday, April 25, 2010

weekly food shop

I know, I know, I skipped a day...sue me. I took the praxis in french content knowledge, which was painful. that's my excuse. I also went a little nuts at whole foods this week and bought things that weren't on my list (they had a sale on my favorite brand of meat replacement)

anywho, here's my food shopping for the week:

whole foods
quorn chikn patties
quorn chikn nuggets
365 organic spinach ravioli
0.6 pounds of sesame seeds
nature's path chocolate coconut granola bars
nature's path maple pecan granola bars
total: $20.84

metro market:
organic spinach
1 bag of clementines
1 onion
1 bunch of parsley
blueberries
100 calorie packs goldfish
jello pudding sugar free 60 calorie pudding cups
atheno's red pepper hummus
thomas' light english muffins
1 can garbanzo beans
1 package kidney beans
total: $34.55

I also bought some strawberries, sweet potatoes, and coffee at trader joe's but lost the receipt. I think the total was around $15.

I did spend more than I normally do this week, but for a valid reason: on saturday I made dinner for myself and a friend, so I had to buy ingredients for that. I made spinach ravioli with a sweet potato sauce and almond strawberry salad. There were some leftover strawberries, so we dipped those in melted chocolate for dessert. The results were yummy. I've posted the salad recipe already, but I will share the pasta recipe if people want me to (anyone? anyone? bueller?) Shoot me a comment if you're interested!

upcoming recipes include burritos and falafel!

No comments:

Post a Comment