Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Confessions

Ok, it's time for me to come clean...I did not cook for myself last night like I had originally planned. I did not get home until 7:45 last night, and the last thing I wanted to do after being away from my apartment for over 12 hours was cook. I reached for my stash of frozen food that I keep for emergencies and had a Quorn Chik'n Patty. And you know what? It was delicious. I felt no shame in ignoring the half a cooked sweet potato I have sitting in my fridge and microwaving an industrial meatless product instead of making sweet potato burritos from scratch.

The fact of the matter is that I'm only human and can recognize this.

Does this mean I've failed in any way? absolutely not. my logic is that as long as I reach for my emergency stash of veggie burgers/quorn products on emergency situations only instead of a regular basis, it's ok. I work longer hours than any teacher at this school, and they never cook as often as I do.

Actually, this might work out in my favor. The potluck lunch originally scheduled for this friday was canceled, so this means I can just readjust my food schedule a little bit.

I will be making those burritos tonight, and will be sure to post the recipe and pictures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment