Thursday, April 29, 2010

herb garden update

after a good amount of internal debate and speaking to a friend of mine who is a self-proclaimed "amateur indoor gardener," I decided to start from scratch with the cilantro and dill plants. Only one of the basil plants was thriving, so I put in an actual pot with some miracle-gro indoor potting soil that claims to specialize in moisture control. I sure hope this is true, because I worry that I committed the crime of over-watering it already.

When I bought the pot and soil at the hardware store, I purchased replacement pods for my indoor greenhouse so I could start over with the dill and cilantro. I'm very glad that I hung onto the seed packets! Hopefully they'll start sprouting in a few days.

some pictures from my adventures with indoor gardening:
Photobucket
the basil after being repotted. I'm crossing my fingers for this little guy!

Photobucket
just call me farmer sarah, and ignore my messy apartment in the process

No comments:

Post a Comment