Friday, April 23, 2010

herb garden update

those of you who know me well are aware of my black thumb when it comes to gardening, due to my tendency to over-water plants. in the past, the only plant that has thrived under my care was a bamboo plant. so this time, I fought my urges to water my herb garden multiple times. I also took them out of the indoor greenhouse and placed them on my windowsill.

big mistake.

i think i may have ignored the plants to death. I'm doing what i can to monitor them and make sure they're getting enough water, but i feel like the sudden drop in temperature mixed with the crack in my window may have sealed the deal for their fate. I'm thinking I may start over from scratch with a different approach-actual potted herbs instead of the indoor herb garden may be more beneficial for the plants, especially when i noticed that the roots were sticking out from the planting pods. I'm thinking I may take a trip to the hardware store this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment