Monday, April 26, 2010

Recipe: Almond Strawberry Salad


Photobucket

Sorry for the poor photo quality...I took the picture with my phone in the dark staff lounge. I managed to brighten it a little bit on photobucket, though.

I made this as part of a dinner for me and a friend on saturday night and it turned out incredible. I threw in a granny smith apple when I made it on saturday, but this time I threw in half a kiwi (both of these fruits were purchased at growing power). I will not be including these additions in the recipe, but both times turned out successfully!

Ingredients:
3 cups baby spinach
1/2 cup sliced strawberries
1/4 cup blanched slivered almonds
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp honey
1 1/2 tsp sugar

Directions:
In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries and almonds.
In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, honey and sugar; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.

serves four

No comments:

Post a Comment