Thursday, April 1, 2010

Breakfast?

Lately I've been struggling with finding a breakfast that is convenient for me on the days I go to Maple Tree. For those of you who don't know, I go to Maple Tree Monday through Thursday. The school is located a good 16 miles away from where I live. Though I don't have to arrive and leave at a specific time, I like to arrive before the students do and leave a little after the bell rings so I can avoid the day care vans and parents picking up students/taking over the parking lot in the process.

School starts for students at 7:45, so I try to get here around 7:30. That means waking up at 6AM, which gives me just enough time to shower, get dressed, make my coffee (which I dont get to actually consume until I get to the school), check my email, and grab everything I need for the day before heading out for my 30+ minute commute. This means I need to eat breakfast when I arrive at the school.

I've tried a variety of breakfast options, but I've gotten bored with most of them. I went through an oatmeal phase for awhile, but it wasn't very convenient for me. I've also tried fruit and cereal bars. Recently I purchased a box of 100 calorie packs of hostess blueberry muffins, which turned out to be a flop. For all the packaging they use, you think there would be more than two muffins! However, I think I've found a solution...

yogurt!

I usually eat yogurt as a dessert for my lunch. This is something I picked up while living in France. However, I recently decided that I can replace yogurt with jello mousse temptations as dessert and eat yogurt for breakfast. I'm finishing off the Fiber one yogurt I have in my fridge as breakfast for now, but once that's gone I'm going to start eating yocrunch yogurt (specifically, the ones with granola stir-in).

My weekend breakfast options are a bit more flexible. Lately I've been eating a light english muffin with either natural peanut butter or Smart Balance and cereal (either Special K or Cascadian Farms cinnamon crunch) with low-fat goat's milk on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Buy a bag of frozen berries. At the start of the week, divide between 5 tupperwares and put in fridge (so they aren't frozen on the day you eat them). Each morning, just add a couple of scoops of yoghurt and a sprinkling of granola. DELICIOUS. Can sub in fresh fruit, too - kiwi, apple, etc.

    ReplyDelete