Sunday, April 11, 2010

herb garden


I'm not sure if this is true in other states, but you can use foodstamps to purchase seeds to grow your own food in the state of Wisconsin. Because my school was on spring break this week, I decided to start a little project by growing my own herbs inside my apartment. I'm growing basil, dill, and cilantro. My mom actually bought the seeds for me when she visited me, but the most expensive packet was a little over a dollar and i still have plenty of seeds left over.

I planted the seeds on tuesday, and this morning I woke up to find my basil started sprouting! it was so exciting! I think the dill is going to sprout soon, too. The cilantro is a bit of an experiment, mostly because the seed packet said that it doesn't thrive well indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment