Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekly Food Shop

I spent a little more than I usually do this week, but I didn't buy a lot of food last week in anticipation of being out of town over the weekend. I cleaned out my fridge before I left and couldn't believe how much food I had in there well past the expiration dates. I need to get better about that.

This week I did all my food shopping at Metro Market.

1 can crushed tomatoes
1 can of Bush kidney beans
1 can of Goya chickpeas
Splenda Mocha flavored sweetener
Alterra organic sumatra coffee
4 D'anjou pears
2 cantaloupes
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 white onion
1 16 ounce package sliced onions
2 portobello mushroom caps
1 package of organic strawberries
1 package of organic blueberries
Dannon Light and Fit yogurt (package of strawberry and vanilla 4 ounce yogurts)
Kemp's fat-free half and half

total: $45.86

the other reason why I spent more than usual is that I'm starting to buy specific food organic. My friend recently emailed me with a link to the Dirty Dozen, which is a list of food you should buy organic (along with the reasons why). On the list included coffee and berries, which I purchase/consume on a regular basis. Thus, I am now buying the organic versions of these products (note: bell peppers are on the list, too, but I could not find them organic at metro market and didn't have the time to check whole foods).

No comments:

Post a Comment