Saturday, May 29, 2010

herb garden update

apart from a close encounter with shriveling leaves on my basil plant (I'm pretty sure all the dry air outside was the cause...I've been leaving my window open more often now so I need to get better about monitoring the soil in the pots), my herbs have been thriving. In fact, I recently repotted my basil plant and started a new seedling in the indoor greenhouse.

Photobucket
the cilantro plant...it's coming along slowly, but surely. I'm thinking about starting up another cilantro plant so I have enough to make my own salsa by the end of the summer.

Photobucket
the basil plant before I repotted it. You can see why I had to...

Photobucket
I'm surprised how well the dill plant is thriving. It hasn't grown a lot lately, but I'm maintaining it so I can use it to season things.

I think if any of these plants fail, I might start growing peppermint at Emma's suggestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment