Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Vegetarian Tailgating

I went to my first Brewer's game yesterday (side note: they actually won a home game! it's about time!) with several VISTAs and city year folks. We met up an hour before the game started to do some tailgating. Most of my previous tailgating experiences has been with my family, which involves nothing but tossing a football and eating sandwiches from a local deli in the parking lot of Giant's stadium.

Our style for this tailgate was pretty simple: bring whatever you want to grill and don't feel obliged to bring a dish to share. I was tempted to make guacamole to share with everyone, but decided against it since we weren't doing this potluck-style. I did, however, bring several cans of beer to share with everyone in an attempt to make some space in my teeny-tiny fridge.

I took this opportunity to finally try some of the soy deli baked tofu I've seen at whole foods. I bought a package of their five-spice baked tofu, which i threw on the grill and ate on a bun. It was absolutely delicious. I do wish that i brought the whole package and not half of it, because several people were curious about it and im not sure when i'll get around to eating the other half of it. I also brought some grape tomatoes in fat-free ranch dressing and a pear.

The entire package of the soy deli baked tofu totaled at just under $4, which equals roughly $2 per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment