Thursday, May 27, 2010

Making Use of Leftovers, Round Two

I'm working from home today, which means I have a little more leeway in what I want to make for lunch. In preparation for this, I raided my fridge last night to see what I had. It hit me as soon as I saw the leftover baked tofu: marinated tofu! I cubed the brick and marinated it in a mixture of teriyaki sauce and tamari (turns out I had very little teriyaki sauce left, so I made this combination) overnight, along with some sliced baby bella mushrooms. It was so good! Definitely plan on making this one again next time I buy baked tofu, especially the five-spice variety.

Photobucket

Ingredients:
1 serving five-spice baked tofu
1/4 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
1 tbsp teriyaki sauce/tamari/soy sauce

Directions:
cube tofu and place in container with mushrooms. Pour sauce over tofu and mushrooms, stir until evenly coated. Marinate overnight.
place tofu, mushrooms, and sauce in greased frying pan. cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until heated through. serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment