Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Question

As I've mentioned recently, I'm going on a short vacation this weekend. My departing flights have me in transit between 7:00 AM and 2:30 PM. Because I have reservations about the food available at airports (overpriced and generally unhealthy...sbarro's anyone?), I am planning on bringing food with me from home. I don't fly as often as I did when I was in college, so I'm unsure of what the regulations are for bringing food through security. Can anyone tell me if I will be able to bring the following in my carry-on through security:
an apple
a small plastic baggie of granola
a peanut butter sandwich wrapped in plastic wrap
a small plastic baggie filled with popcorn

I don't know how I'm going to deal with not having my water bottle with me all weekend (I have one of those heavy insulated water bottles that they will never allow on board). hopefully i won't ingest too much BPA-related toxins from refilling a plastic water bottle all weekend.

1 comment:

  1. When I flew in November, I had a huge zip lock bag full of popcorn with me and granola bars. I think you should be OK with those items. Fruit and a sandwic should be fine

    ReplyDelete