Friday, May 7, 2010

My Recent Discovery

I am in love.

Before you get excited, I should tell you what exactly it is I am in love with...the Riverwest Co-op and Cafe, located in Milwaukee's Riverwest neighborhood (named after the fact that it's the west side of the Milwaukee River), which is just a hop, skip, and a jump away from the east side (where I live).

I went there for the first time on thursday and couldn't believe how long it took me to find this place. Everything was reasonably priced and they had an amazing selection of products for sale. And they accept EBT. I made sure to call in advance to make sure they take it after I got turned away at the middle eastern food store.

Here's what I ended up buying:
1 8oz package of seitan
1 bottle of vegan worcestire sauce (I've been looking for this everywhere)
1 packet of instant sesame marinade
1 bottle of barbecue sauce
1 package of dried basil

my total: $16.82

I think if I bought all of this at whole foods, they would've charged closer to $25.

No comments:

Post a Comment