Sunday, May 9, 2010

weekly food shop

when I walked into Metro Market today to do my food shopping, I was astounded by the amount of men in the store. Usually I see more women and families on sundays. And then I remembered that today is Mother's Day. So to all the men doing their food shopping today to cook dinner for their families, I salute you.

this week's shopping list is pretty light. I didn't need a whole lot, since not only did I want to use some things I've already got that are in danger of going bad soon, but I'm also going on vacation from friday through monday. So really, I just needed enough food to last through thursday.

earlier last week, I bought the following at pick 'n save:
raspberry vinaigrette dressing
Jello sugar free cinnamon roll pudding
total: $7.40

here's what I bought today at Metro Market:
Tumaro's low-carb multigrain tortillas
Thomas' 100 calorie whole grain english muffins
McCormick whole black peppercorns
1 cucumber
1 beefsteak tomato
1 bunch curly parsley
sliced mushrooms
2 portobello mushroom caps
organic thyme
dannon light&fit 6 pack yogurt
total: $19.70

No comments:

Post a Comment