Thursday, May 20, 2010

New Blog Addition

One part of my VISTA position is working with a non-profit organization in Milwaukee called Parents Plus. We have meetings every friday for the VISTAs and our supervisor at the agency, and once a month these meetings include a potluck. The point of these potlucks is to celebrate all the birthdays for that month, and they are usually themed (the theme is picked out by the person/people who's birthday(s) is being celebrated).

I always make it a point to make something from scratch for these potlucks (usually a dessert) and usually spend way too much time combing the internet for the perfect recipe. I have made the following for our potlucks in the past:
1. lentil quiche (the recipe was posted on here)
2. mexican chocolate cake
3. tiramisu
4. white chocolate chip-cranberry cookies

We've had a couple of potlucks at the school I work with, and I've made the following for those:
1. fruity couscous salad
2. pumpkin gingerbread
3. mint-chocolate chip cookies

Our next potluck is tomorrow, and I will be making peanut butter maple cookies. If the recipe is a success, I'll be posting it on here tomorrow! I'll also share recipes I've made for past potlucks, as well as those I use in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment