Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Once More (with feeling!), weekly food shop

As I explained to Erik recently, when I get into a project, I really get into it. So much, in fact, that I forget certain things, like planning something for wednesday night's dinner and friday's lunch. Thinking on my feet, I turned to my version of the bible-allrecipes.com. I love this website for so many reasons, including the fact that you can search for recipes by title or ingredients. Because I have an abundance of leftover sugar snap peas from my tofu recipe, I put that in the search engine, and just like that I had a plethora of veggie-friendly recipes to choose from. I chose a simple pasta recipe with a cheese sauce (partially because the title was in French). I had some time before my tae kwando class started, so I took a walk to whole foods to pick up the necessary ingredients, along with some vegetable broth for tonight's dinner (I've been using bouillon cubes, but it just isn't doing it for me). Here's the list and total:

Imagine Organic Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
Whole Foods brand organic gorgonzola crumbles
365 (whole food's brand) neufchatel cheese

total: $9.37

the original recipe calls for cream cheese, but I am using neufchatel cheese instead. Why? It has less saturated fat than cream cheese naturally, so I'd rather use that than overly processed fat-free cream cheese.

in other news, I am still looking for one more guest blogger for the time that I'm on vacation! email me at glasssa@earlham.edu as soon as possible if you're interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment