Thursday, July 8, 2010

Spicy Tofu Veggie Wrap

Photobucket

In my continued effort to use the food I already have in my kitchen, I came up with this wrap for lunch. If you choose to make this on your own and follow my exact recipe, be sure to keep a glass of water nearby as you eat this, because calling it spicy is an understatement.

ingredients:
1 8-inch wrap
1 tbsp black bean hummus (recipe featured in an earlier post)
1/2 cup baby spinach
2 baby carrots, sliced thinly
1/2 serving baked tofu
1/2 tsp hot sauce

directions:
spread the hummus evenly on the wrap. top with baby spinach and sliced carrots.
cut baked tofu into strips, then place in wrap. top with hot sauce, then fold and enjoy!

my brands of choice for this recipe:
wrap-tumaro's low in carb reduced fat multi grain tortilla
baked tofu-Soy Deli's baked tofu. This comes in several flavors, and I chose the savory flavor for this. The 5-spiced flavor would work, too.
hot sauce- I bought a bottle of Original Juan's Pain is Good Louisiana Style Hot Sauce at Jungle Jim's, which is what I used. Really, any hot sauce with some flavor would work, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment