Monday, July 12, 2010

Recipe: Baba Ghanouj

Photobucket

In my continuing quest to finish off the food in my kitchen, I am trying to make the most of the large jar of tahini sitting in my fridge. I finished off my black bean hummus over the weekend and was going to make some more, but then decided to try something different when I went to whole foods to buy some beans. I ended up buying an eggplant and making baba ghanouj, instead.

ingredients:
1 large eggplant, cut in half lengthwise
1/4 cup tahini
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1.5 tbsp olive oil

directions:
preheat oven to 350 degrees. pierce skin of eggplant all over with a fork and place eggplant cut-side down on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake in oven for 20 minutes.
once the eggplant has cooled off, scoop the inside of it into a blender and discard skin. add the tahini, lemon juice, and sesame seeds to blender and puree until smooth. add olive oil and continue to puree until well blended.

yields 1.5 cups

1 comment:

  1. This is my new favorite salad dressing, if you want to use your tahini...
    I would guess you have most of the ingredients, but if you don't i would also guess that it's OK to skip some of the stuff.
    http://vegetarian.about.com/od/saucesdipsspreads/r/goddessdressing.htm
    It's sooo goood <3

    P.S. I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete