Friday, July 30, 2010

The Future of this Blog

I want to make it clear that I am unsure at this point what will happen with this blog once I move. The move is happening in a little over two weeks, and it is likely that I will not qualify for foodstamps in New Jersey, since I will be working part-time and am applying to substitute teach at a local school district.

the way I see it, there are two options:
1. I can continue to maintain the blog and post recipes and open threads, except I will no longer be purchasing food with an EBT card. I will still be on a tight budget, but I will be purchasing food with money instead of foodstamps.

2. I can retire the blog.

I'd like to take this opportunity to take a poll on what you, the reader, would like to see happen. Please leave a comment with your opinion.

4 comments:

  1. Option 1!

    It's useful for budgeting regardless of where your budget is coming from! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, option 1!
    I think it will wind up being a useful tool for yourself in the long run.
    Maybe be less concerned about the cost of the food, and focus more on the cost of the meal? I've seen people blog meals for $2 a person...
    Or perhaps you can participate in Daring Bakers or Daring Cooks Challenges? http://thedaringkitchen.com/

    Keep the blog, but don't be afraid to change the purpose of the posts.
    You can always export your posts to a different blogger address, if you feel the need for a name change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also vote for option #1

    I come to your blog everyday. As I posted before, I just love your recipes and photos.

    You have helped our family change the way we eat. Thank you.

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regardless of where the money is coming from, it would still be great to see your ideas on food budgeting. I don't get food stamps and my grocery bill is very tight every week, so your ideas would be welcome!

    ReplyDelete