Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Cooking Environment

For those of you who think that I must have a full-sized kitchen to do the kind of cooking I do on a regular basis, I am writing this to put that rumor to rest.

The truth is, I live in a studio apartment with a galley kitchen. My oven is so small that I cannot fit my springform pan in it. My fridge is about 3/4 size of a regular fridge, so the freezer is constantly filled to the max. I have one cabinet to devote to food...the rest is overtaken by dishes and appliances.

The kicker: I only have one countertop. That's right...one countertop. how do I deal with this? by using my entire apartment when I cook. I put cooling racks on my coffee table. sit on the floor while putting cookie dough on baking sheets, etc. and yes, I knock things down and break shit on occasion. it is usually followed by me cursing out of frustration. It's not pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment