Thursday, July 1, 2010

Reinventing the Personal Pizza

Last night I went to a bikram yoga class for the first time. I was told not to eat anything 2 hours before the class, which would have been ok if the class wasn't from 7:30-9:00pm. Needless to say, I was starving when I got home.

Here's the thing, though: when I opened my fridge, I realized I had nothing leftover that I could heat up easily. I don't know what caused the next few actions, but the next thing I knew, I had created my own personal pizza from scratch.

using whole wheat pita bread as the base, I smothered a Tbsp of my homemade roasted red pepper pesto on top as the sauce. My cheeses of choice this time were reduced sodium mozzarella cheese and parmigiano reggiano, topped with fresh basil, yellow bell pepper, and zucchini. I then popped it in the oven at 400 degrees for 12 minutes, and voila! homemade pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment