Friday, June 4, 2010

Recipe: Pesto Wrap

Photobucket
One of my favorite things about Fridays is that I get to eat lunch at home, which gives me some room for creativity. Because VISTAs aren't paid hourly wages, we get to flex our work hours so that it evens out to at least 40 hours a week (though for the life of me I cannot remember the last time I worked less than 45 hours in a full work week). I usually leave Parents Plus around lunch time on Fridays so I can eat something before hitting the gym.

My original plan for today's lunch was to make some pasta and top it with TJ's pesto and some parmigiano reggiano (I bought a decent-size chunk of it when I made red pepper pesto and still have a lot left over). But when I opened my fridge, I noticed I still had some fresh produce left over from the goat cheese wraps I made for lunch that week. I got out my cutting board and knife and before I knew it, this wrap was born!

ingredients:
1 tortilla wrap
1 tbsp basil pesto
3/4 cup salad mix
4 grape tomatoes
1 tbsp roasted red pepper strips
1 tbsp grated parmigiano reggiano

directions:
1. spread a layer of pesto evenly on wrap tortilla.
2. sprinkle salad mix on top of pesto.
3. slice grape tomatoes and sprinkle on top of lettuce, along with red pepper strips.
4. top with parmigiano, fold, and serve.

serves 1

as you can see in the picture, I ate these with guiltless gourmet salt-free tortilla chips, which I dipped in salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment