Thursday, June 24, 2010

Recipe: Black Bean Hummus

Photobucket

I decided I needed something different for today's bagel sandwich. The change needed to come from what I was spreading on it, so I made this to put on it instead of neufchatel cheese. This recipe is fantastic because it's easy and I had all of the ingredients on hand already.

ingredients:
1 garlic clove
1 15 oz can black beans
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 tbsp tahini
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder

directions:
1. drain liquid from can of black beans into a bowl and set aside.
2. mince garlic in a blender or food processor.
3. add beans, 2 tbsp of reserved liquid, lemon juice, tahini, salt, cumin, and chili powder to blender. Blend until smooth. Add liquid and seasoning as needed.

Warning: This will be spicy if you follow my measurements.

No comments:

Post a Comment