Saturday, November 13, 2010

Reflections

i still have yet to make a new recipe, thanks to work and school taking over my life. however, this weekend I have the joy of playing host to a friend from college as she makes her way back to her home state of Michigan.

After a long day spent in the city we came back to my apartment to make some dinner, which was a quasi-pizza (tomato foccacia bread topped with cheese, broccoli, fresh basil, and tomatoes) and salad. while buying groceries, we decided to rent a red box movie and ended up with Julie and Julia.

Many of you don't know this, but this movie is very dear to my heart for many reasons. one reason being that it was one of the influences for this blog. granted, im not cooking my way through a cookbook, but the drive to share my passion for food is there.

I am glad that this blog has come this far since I started it. I've had nothing but wonderful feedback from all my readers, which makes me happy for two reasons: 1) it lets me know that people are reading this and that I am not writing it for the sake of writing, and 2) these recipes are being put to use.

with thanksgiving around the corner, I'm gearing up to make several contributions to this year's dinner. so far, Im planning to make a caramel apple pie and a pear & goat cheese salad. I will probably also make a sweet potato, leek, and apple soup. I've already made a pumpkin ice cream for one of the desserts. look out for recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment