Friday, November 19, 2010

Make It or Buy It?

blog readers, I am having a dilemna.

with thanksgiving rapidly approaching, I am preparing for a marathon of cooking and baking. One of the things I'm preparing is a caramel applie pie. my main concern with this dish is whether or not to make the pie crust from scratch.

I'll admit that with the exception of key lime pie, I have no experience with baking pies. I made the crust for my key lime pie from scratch, but considering all it involved was crushing graham crackers and combining it with some melted butter, it was a little different.

My mom swears by trader joe's pie crusts, and I have been guilty of using frozen pie crusts when I make quiche. but considering this is thanksgiving, should I go the extra mile and make the crust from scratch or cut myself some slack and buy a pre-made one?

1 comment:

  1. You are making PLENTY for Thanksgiving this year. Cut yourself some slack and buy a pie crust! You know you will make one someday!

    ReplyDelete