Thursday, November 11, 2010

BIG NEWS!!!!!

As many of you, my main foodie passion lies in baking. Don't get me wrong, I love a fantastic homemade indian dish as much as the next foodie, but I have a deep respect for the art and science of baking the perfect cake. So imagine my excitement when a friend reached out to me and offered to pay me to bake her some brownies!

Earlier that week I had baked some brownies for a meeting we had to work on a group project. When she tried the brownies, she immediately told me that they were amazing and that I should sell them. Later on, I posted on facebook that I wanted to hold a bake sale to pay for horseback riding lessons and asked if anyone wanted to buy some brownies from me. She messaged me and asked if I could make some for her in two days. Naturally, I said yes!

There is a bakery around the corner from my apartment that is hiring for a salesgirl position. I am tempted to drop off my resume and see what happens...

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! That IS exciting! You should do it, and see what happens! =+)
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Said friend was delighted with the brownies, and shared them with a friend who took one bite AND MOANED. I really think you have something there. If I had the time/guts, I'd underwrite you and spearhead the marketing and distribution on Sarah's Sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you should put in your application at the bakery. If nothing happens, who cares, you tried, and you can look back without regret. If you get the job, you'll get an inside look at the commercial baking business!You are young, you have so little to lose. NOW is the time to take risks for your bliss.

    ReplyDelete