Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Holiday Food

I can think of many reasons why the holiday season is fun, but the main reason I enjoy this time of year is giving gifts to my friends and family. I don't take gift-giving lightly. I will do whatever it takes to find the perfect gift for a loved one in my life.

Why do I put myself through this? because there's no satisfaction like seeing the look on a person's face when they unwrap my black and white polka dot wrapping paper to find their favorite gift of the year.

Most of you know that I'm not your typical American consumer, especially when it comes to getting gifts. In fact, I've recently started to give people homemade gifts. I feel like it shows how much you care about someone when you give them something you put time and energy into. Last year I gave everyone jars of homemade hot chocolate mix and cookie mix (they had to add an egg and butter. all the dry ingredients were in the jar).

This year I took things one step further by giving everyone in my family different gifts. I gave my dad a box of homemade key lime truffles. My brother got a box of my famous peanut butter fudge. My mom got a jar full of chocolate-peanut butter covered pretzels (I dipped them in dipping peanut butter, then drizzled milk chocolate on top of them once the peanut butter layer hardened).

I wish I had the foresight to take pictures of these before I gave them to everyone, because they were gone in an instant! However, I have not made my gifts for friends who are being sent packages, yet, so I'll try to take pictures of those before they hit the mail.

To my fellow celebrators of Hannukah, I hope your's was great! my family gave me wonderful gifts-a rolling pin and a certificate for a two-day baking class in March where I will do nothing but bake coffeecakes. I'm pretty excited about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment