Thursday, October 14, 2010

Post-Milwaukee Lamentation

Two months after my move from Milwaukee, it is occurring to me just how spoiled I was as a foodie when I lived there. I was in walking distance of Whole Foods, a local deli, and a large supermarket. Trader Joe's was 15 minutes away by car. I had it made when I lived there.

The reason why I'm realizing this now is because the only food markets within walking distance of my apartment is an A&P and a krauser's. True, it is better than nothing, but A&P doesn't even carry veggie burgers. The closest whole foods is a 15 minute drive on a good day. There's no trader joe's convenient located near me-but there is one near my parents' place.

That being said, I just found out that a Target located three miles away from me will soon be a super-Target. In other words, they will be expanding their already exisiting food section and start carrying produce. Am I excited? you bet! I'm definitely planning to get there asap to do some food shopping.

I actually planned to go food shopping today, but I ended up spending all afternoon getting stuff for the apartment, after which I got home and collapsed on the couch with a large mug of coffee. I'm hoping to go tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment